Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Rewig or new head?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am getting a PM Samantha (YAY!) from one of our board members (thanks so much), and Samantha only has one problem, she has had a haircut. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I haven't rewigged a doll before and I was wondering if I should try to rewig her with a similar wig or send her to AG for a new head. I've herd some of you talk about the Mattel heads being smaller than the PM heads, and I think she would look funny with a tiny head and huge limbs. [img]eek.gif[/img]
    So, should I try to rewig her first, and if it doesn't work send her to AG for a new head? Also, if I rewig her, who makes the most Samantha-like wig?
    Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.


    -Jenifer

  2. #2
    Donna Cotterman
    Guest Donna Cotterman's Avatar

    Post

    You can ask CS if they have any of the older Samantha heads to replace the one you have with hair... if not than you might want to re wig her yourself.
    There are several wig sites but this is the one I check first.

    Mini World


    Wig site

    Just Magic

    Let me know and I will send you a long list.

    This isn't a difficult job. Just be patient and go slow. ^j^Mrs.C

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Mrs. C. ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm always in favor of preserving the PM heads--and it's usually cheaper, too! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

    To get the new head, plus the shipping bothways, is more than half the cost of a NEW DOLL!! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

    Go for the new wig--your Samantha's own pretty face and original eyes will look back at you with gratitude!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    (For NOT lopping off her head for a replacement!) [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm thinking of rewigging her, since a new wig is much cheaper than shriping for a new head and shipping, plus I don't wnt to send her off as soon as I get her.
    I would have never thought of rewigging a doll until I read Maria's Doll Resetoration Wizard a couple weeks ago. She makes it look so easy, so I have a little confidence that I could do it, but I am having a hard time finding the right wig (right color, right style, right size, and right price). Style isn't too imporatant, as long as I can curl it to look like Samantha's.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Gomunk:
    I'm thinking of rewigging her, since a new wig is much cheaper than shriping for a new head and shipping, plus I don't wnt to send her off as soon as I get her.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, shipping her off as soon as you get her can be less traumatic than later, after you have bonded with her.

    That said, rewigging is pretty easy (I have rewigged about a dozen dolls) and if you really like the doll's face, go right ahead and rewig her. Worse come to worst, you could always send her in later for a head transplant if you did not like the rewigging...

    Taffy

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good point about sending her off ASAP, but I don't think she and I will bond like me and Molly have. I could never send my Molly off, and my fiance knows that I will never get rid of her. I sent Felicity on an adventure wiht my managers DGD becasue Felcity favors my manager a lot and there was no way I could trust a stranger with my Molly.
    I feel pretty sure that I'm going to rewig Samantha, I just need to find a wig. I may just trim her hair and restyle it until I find the perfect wig.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think rewigging is a good idea, since then you'd have more control over how she looks.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kit, Kat, and Friends:
    I think rewigging is a good idea, since then you'd have more control over how she looks.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, well my fiance does call me a control freak. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bumping for suggestions for a Samantha-like wig.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •